Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Art/Architecture: Graffitecture!!!

I do gotta say I've got the best friends in the world...Kate who I hadn't seen for a while surprised me with this fantastic book. If you know me personally, you probably know I'm involved in Architecture. For other's, I'm that dude that draws Panda's all over coasters at bars. So what's that Graffitecture book about anyway? Well let me tell you... Over 40 Chicago graffiti artists were given photographs of architectural spaces from around the city and were asked to draw directly on the photos. So What? Well... Graffitecture is an exploration of what happens when graffiti, a wholly original Art form rooted in urban culture, clashes and commingles with the built environment. Most importantly, I hope this book helps those in the Architecture field realize that Graffiti should not be considered an ILLICIT Art Form, but rather an ADDITION to our Urban Fabric. Yeah I said it!!!