Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Film: "The Future is Unwritten"

I grew up in the 80's and I never cared much about movies with John Cusack, but the fact that he was such a fan of The Clash always made him ok in my book. The fact is, The Clash is one of the few bands that are loved as much commercially as they are by angry hipsters. Although I personally liked Mick Jones Cowboy outfits more, there is now doubt Joe Strummer was the soul of the group. It's been 6 years since the 'punk rock warlord' passed away and I'm glad it's taken this long for someone to finally make a biopic that really shows the virtues and defects of the Clash's front man. "The Future is Unwritten" is this, and much more. I just watched it, and all I can say is WOW!!! Buy the DVD Here, but let's hope no one ever makes a movie about Bono!!!