Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lazy Sunday: Reel 2 Real - I like to move it

Ah...where did my youth go?!!! I remember when this came out like it was yesterday. To this day people don't give this song enough credit, but I guarantee you there were aways smiles and girls shaking their booty when the DJ played this. I know Mr. Morillo is a superstar DJ and has been for years but this for me is his legacy... "I like to move it" is a track so infectious it's like the macarena of house music!!! No joke...When i was 12, I bought the CD single in Amsterdam along with 2 Unlimited's "Let the beat control your body" and Moby's "Go". At that point everyone was still listening to Guns & Roses....but in retrospect, I guess I've just always been a slave to the Rhythm.


THE ONLY REASON why I wasted an afternoon watching Madagascar!


Indications of a dance music addict: At the Age of 12 child spends 2 hours at tower records.